Monday, May 30, 2011

Recipe for Tart Grapes


Last visit to grocery store left me with 4 lbs of green grapes that were so sour my face crunched. So what do I do with 4 lbs of sour grapes. With a little research I found this:

Ingred:
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1/2 cup light sour cream
5 cups seedless green grapes (or any kind) washed and stemmed
mint sprigs for garnish

Directions:
In large bowl mix sugar and sour cream, add grapes, stir well to coat. Cover and chill for several hours. Spoon into individual dishes and garnish with mint. Serves 6. Calories: 167.5 (from fat: 38)

So good and looks pretty! I plan to serve this as a dessert tonight as I am trying to lose some weight. I will try to share more recipes as I get a chance to try them out and rate them!
*Recipe credited to Southern Living.

No comments: